A Clear Breakdown of the pros and cons when buying Designer Furniture including; custom pieces, quality levels, and pricing. This is an exclusive ‘behind the scenes’ look of how an interior designer makes a well-educated choice uniquely customized to your design-build plan, home decor, commercial or office renovation.
The Hotelier Lounge Podcast By Liat & Shmuel Siegel
with Guest Kerry Thornton of Whole Support Services in this epic episode Talking About Accessibility and Design Within the Hotel Industry.
Our absolute favorite part was when she said “People will not be disabled if they are in the right environment”. Learn more about Kerry’s awesome breakdown of how we as business owners (and designers, that’s us) create environments that are supportive of those with disabilities, seen and unseen, so that they are not disabled by their environments.
3 WAYS TO ENSURE YOU HIRE THE RIGHT Design TEAM
(PLUS! BONUS TIPS FOR A FLAWLESS COMMERCIAL SPACE)
“You're in it to win it!” So, where do you start? Hiring the right professional design team has huge benefits. The right design firm can turn your wants into a cohesive vision, save you time on picking out each individual piece, save you money thanks to their systematic and timely methodology as well as access to huge trade discounts, and ensure that your space is both aesthetic and functional.
It's noisy out there! There is so much content flooding google and our news feeds, it's hard to know what to believe, and whom to trust. It's not enough to ask for a sale, have an awesome product, or have a mediocre social media presence. As business owners, we MUST have a continual open dialogue with our target demographic/customers showing them that we understand their needs and that we are excited to implement those needs into our services and products. When I work with a business to implement a design plan, my first question isn't, "What style would you like?" It's, "Who are your customers, and what are their functional needs and what emotional reaction do you want them to have with your brand?".
As an interior design firm, we asked ourselves that very same thing. Who are our clients and what do our clients truly want? This is the result:
My first questions are, "Who are your customers? What are their functional needs? What emotional reaction do you want them to have to your brand?".
Make sure that you are always pushing the limits, asking how can this be done better? Ask yourself questions like:
1) Who can give me a fresh perspective on this?
2) Who can I partner/collaborate with for advice and further reach, to make my product or service better
3) How I can take solving my customers' pain points to the next level.
That's what a truly innovative business does and how they set themselves apart from the competition. ASK your customers, get their feedback then implement like it's nobody's business and shout it from the rooftops.
Cheers to your innovation and success!
Hey! I hope you enjoyed the article. Here's a little about me and my design firm. I'm Liat Siegel, owner/ founder of an international interior design firm, Hadar Interiors. We help businesses in the hospitality industry make an unforgettable first impression from online through their offline customer experience. We meet both esthetic, branding and business needs for bigger and faster return on your investments. Our Hotelier Lounge podcast is dedicated to innovating and increasing CLTV in the Hotel industry. Do you have questions or comments? We'd love to hear from you! Feel free to reach out on my LinkedIn profile by clicking on the picture above or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FEEL YOUR DESIGNER DOESN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR VISION
Before we dive into the solutions, I would love for you to remember why you began this journey in the first place. What was it about your space that made you crazy and brought you to hire an interior designer?
More than a vision of how it would look, you probably had a vision of how your space would feel, so you hired someone to see and translate that vision. That vision included how you would feel when you walked in after a long day of work, or how you would feel more motivated when you first woke up in the morning to take some extra time for yourself, eat better, or have more energy for the things and people you love most.
I want to discuss trends and the trajectory of successful businesses and what it takes to stay ahead of the competition. Here is a secret I learned in my nine years running my interior design firm, with my fingers on the pulse of trends. It's NOT what you think!
The success of a company means being able to deliver what your customers want. But what customers once wanted is vastly different from the modern consumer. They no longer want the most seemingly "prestigious" of services, but rather transparency and authenticity from businesses and unique experiences.
This comes in the form of brand storytelling and positioning, in the form of innovation, and allowing ourselves to be REAL with our customers. In an effort to provide the consumer with what they crave, our interior design firm is working to innovate in ways little seen before in the Hospitality and more specifically, the Hotel Industry.
I was speaking recently to Glenn, of the No Vacancy Podcast and discussing with him the importance of collaboration and camaraderie rather than competition. Our firm advocates for joint ventures with other experts to achieve JOINT success.
So, in honor of leading by example, we have a HUGE collaboration announcement coming soon www.hadarinteriors.com
A CONCIERGE, DONE FOR YOU STAGING SYSTEM TO WOW YOUR CLIENTS, HELP YOU SELL FASTER, AND MAKE MORE MONEY
Hey, I’m Liat Siegel, owner, and founder of Hadar Interiors founded in 2008 only two years into college (before I even got my degree, wow that's drive!). I passionately followed my dreams from a very young age and have been sharing my gifts ever since. Nine years later, having invested thousands of dollars learning from the very best in business and interior design, I am uniquely positioned to help other businesses thrive via my design services.
“But Liat, how do you use design to help my business?” Great question! I work with businesses that benefit from a well-designed space. I use the tools I have learned over the years to strategically address the needs of my clients to grow their businesses. My approach is holistic, in that, I am mindful of the beauty of the space, the functionality, and the way in which they can use that as leverage to increase customer satisfaction and scale their businesses. I help all different types of businesses like real estate agents (*wink *wink) who need their homes staged so that they can sell them quicker and demand higher commissions, to large scale commercial spaces like boutique hotels that want to set themselves apart from the competition and create a unique experience for their clientele. Because I am very business savvy, I come at design from a perspective of increasing your ROI and lifetime customer value to help you scale your business, create a lifestyle of freedom, and wild success as a respected and trusted professional in your field.
Our mission at Hadar Interiors is to create an internationally recognized brand that helps create empowerment for the modern business owner looking to grow their own brands while simultaneously creating an unforgettable, wholesome, luxurious experience for their clients. I often hear that the work we are doing is powerful and empowering for the clients we work with, because having someone on your team who is working to help you increase your bottom line is priceless and the creation of greater and greater possibilities is so exciting.
This is a one month done for you service, designed to get your homes from sitting on the market an average of 3 months, to getting them sold in at least half the time, for more money, and allow you to increase your commissions.
How our services help real estate agents:
- Build out the elements of the space that need to be updated and staged so that you have a clear path of who needs to be hired, what furniture needs to be rented, etc.
- Turn your clients homes from a personalized place they live to a place potential buyers can see themselves living in, enjoying life, and can’t live without so that you decrease amount of price reductions.
- Impress your clients with a full service concierge service to get their homes sold faster, decrease your client’s carrying costs, and sold for more money so that you can serve even more clients, become more in demand and increase your fees.
- Relax into a done-for-you system that will take care of all the details and coordination so that you can do more of what you love and less juggling.
- Set yourself apart from the competition by fast tracking and creating a much smoother buying/selling process so that you have a choice of who you work with and how much money you make.
Example of one of our staging packages:
- 1 90-minute in-home meetings to plan and implement out and implement staging: furniture layout, accessorizing, contractor work to learn what is needed for every step of the project.
- 2 Room, 2-month “Furniture on Tap” option available (at additional cost), furniture rental program where, as per the planning stage, we will stage the home to highlight the home’s best-selling features and by using focal points to allow the buyer to see themselves in the space.
- 1 15-minute "On-Demand" follow-up calls to give you extra support and additional coordination when you feel stuck or need some quick laser focused guidance.
- “Professional Alliance” open access to our rolodex of screened professionals who will be made available to help you implement the home setup from, organizers to contractors to painters to cleaners to photographers. All the footwork is done for you and at your fingertips.
Here are some helpful stats:
- 93% of real estate transactions are completed by only 7% of the members, that is staggering! (ReMax Real Estate)
- Staged homes spend 90% less time on the market
- Prioritizing rooms and doing up to 4 will help you minimize costs and allow the buyers to see the potential of the home
- 28% of buyers are willing to overlook property faults when a home is staged
- 46% of online buyers are more likely to want to see a home in person if it's staged
- 37% of sellers agents believe home staging increases sales price 1-7%
- 90% of real estate agents believe home staging positively impacts a home’s value
I'm so glad you took the time to educate yourself on how to get your homes sold faster, increase profit, and deliver immense value to your clients.
Hadar Interiors is excited to provide you with this incredible service to help you increase your sales, set yourself apart from the competition and wow, your clients so that they become raving fans and tell everyone about you!
Can't wait to watch you soar!
If you own a business (or know someone who does), then you know just how devastating Harvey was for so many businesses. Various sources are estimating the losses at 40+ billion dollars. That's not including the after-effects of lost business and other losses due to the storm. They are estimating that the losses of this storm will be felt for years to come. Threats of businesses never being able to recover loom like dark clouds as efforts in clean-up move at less than ideal rates. CNBC's article predicts that the cost of damages will begin rising as quarterly reporting will reflect losses directly from the hurricane including loss of customer base, inability to serve customers due to damages, and added marketing efforts to have to drum up new business.
Texans are strong and willing to get back up and rebuild.
But things are feeling stagnant right now for many as they wait on FEMA and insurance claims.
As a business owner, you spent years putting your blood sweat and tears into building your business, all to have it ripped away by a storm in a few days. Besides for the jaw-dropping costs in damages, the sheer emotional toll that the storms have taken on its victims is incomprehensible, especially when it comes to someone's livelihood.
For business owners hit by a storm it means:
- Still needing to pay overhead costs but without the income to at least break even
- Still needing to pay personal bills but not having the income to do so
- Figuring out how to pay for overhead + personal bills + costs to rebuild
- Additional marketing costs and/or new income streams to make up for lost business and customers
That's a huge emotional drain! When you were building up your business, you did it at a steady rate, your overhead reflected that. To go from a fully functioning business to no income overnight is absolutely devastating. It's so devastating in fact that the sheer responsibility and overwhelm is paralyzing and probably affecting your ability to think clearly and be productive. Maybe you're running around in circles, chasing your own tail.
Your responsibilities grow every day and you're just trying to keep it all together:
- Insurance calls
- Insurance claims
- Cleaning, restoration, and rebuilding efforts
- Coordinated employee efforts
- Education on best methods to rebuild and mold remediation
- Compiling contractor and designer bids
- Replacing equipment and necessities
- Personal rebuilding efforts
And that's just a small portion! I'm sure it keeps on growing, even more, every day.
I'm sure the thought has crossed your mind, “what if I don't re-open?”, or “maybe it'll take me longer than I can afford to financially handle?”, or “maybe business won't be as good as it was before the storm?”.
Here's the thing, if you did it before you can certainly do it again. Not only can you do it again, but you can do it even better.
When everything is said and done, you want a business that:
- Has a steady flow of raving customers you can count on
- Has a plethora of 5- star reviews
- You don't have to worry about being able to pay all your bills
- You have plenty of profits after expenses to pay yourself handsomely
- You can sit back and relax, enjoying life and time with your friends and family.
- The business is doing so well that you can look at scaling and expanding your business with new product lines, or locations
- Amazing employees and culture within your business where everyone felt like a strong team, maybe even a family having come out stronger than ever before
Imagine coming into work with excitement, calm and clarity knowing that everything has come together even better than it was before. What would that mean for you and your future? What kind of investment would you make to make that a reality?
I know you're not there yet, and things seem bleak.
As someone who helps businesses reach their customers, better connect to their customers and increase repeat business, I can offer you some quick and easy solutions so that can get you well on the way back to the business of your dreams.
Three things you can do right now
Focus on these five main things and you'll be well on your way to getting your business back, maybe even better than before:
- Don't follow the youtube videos who tell you how to remediate your mold problems. Here's what most people are doing to fight the mold: bleach. Bleach____ Make sure to hire a professional who will treat the mold with special chemicals that will ensure you don't have to rip everything out again in a year because the mold is back and worse than ever before.
- Have a plan. I know that you're anxious to get back to business, but imagine if you hired a team of experts who were focused not just on putting your space back together but on implementing a strategy. Any contractor can put your space back together and it would probably look really nice, but what if there was a strategy to the way your layout was set, the colors you chose and the design that was implemented? What if it affected the return on your investments?What if it affected your reviews positively? Don't just hire anyone, make sure everything is planned out from traffic patterns to lighting to the color of your chairs and equipment.
- Trust who you work with. This is your livelihood, your future and your kids future we're talking about. Make sure to hire a team of professionals you can trust to take you from mold remediation to the artwork on your walls. We use a project management system for our clients to vet every contractor and designer that works for us and then provide 6-10 bids that the clients can choose from. The last thing you want is to hire contractors that could take your money or not fulfill their end of the deal. We don't pay our contractors in full until our clients are satisfied.
Looking to hire a contractor or interior designer you can trust to help you get your business back off the ground?
Our Project Management firm in Houston, TX is dedicated to helping victims of Hurricane Harvey recover stronger than before. After a disaster, price gouging, wide variations in bid amounts and dealing with out-of-town contractors make estimate selection very risky. Being a Texas owned business an 20+ year experience track record, we have created a unique system to help protect you and get you back to normal life asap. We vet contractors and designers for you and provide 6-10 bids so that you know you're getting the best deal. Our contractors don't get paid in full until you're satisfied! Have peace of mind knowing that we've got your back.
We love being able to help steer clients away from those who are trying to take advantage of the difficult situation in Texas using our fraud protection project management system. We hear from clients on a daily basis that they are so glad to have met us because they have either have fallen victim to a scam or know someone that has. We love what we do, but what we love even more is helping our clients make their house a home after so much destruction. How can we help you do the same?